« Home | Lessons from Level 1 » | Take What You Can Get- Technology Integration come... » | Making Technology Work For You » | What is it that makes it so hard? »

CUE 2007


Highlight of this year was "illustrating" a teacup with Peter Reynolds, author/illustrator of The Dot and Ish, who added watercolor to my "masterpiece". He is always inspiring creativity through his stories and his company FableVision. Check it out, he has some of his illustrated stories available (free):)

I survived giving 2 presentations, Lively Lessons for the 21st century and Tech TIPS (materials available at techtips.wikispaces.com

I learned a lot of cool tricks. My favorite 2 are Option/Apple + for zooming and Option/Tab for switching applications
Some cool widgits to download are the 3-2-1 Timer Countdown

My favorite sessions were
Kathryn Odell who talked about free internet resources for the classroom, lots of things that will need to be put on the wikispace.
Hall Davidson showed us Cosmeo, a home version of united streaming that is a fundraiser. It costs $9 a month and your school recieves 15-25%.
And I really enjoyed seeing iWeb. I know we have other free tools that do a similar job, but I think teachers would use iWeb more. A .Mac account is $99 a year, you could have your parents pay $5 each (totally resonable) and have a very useable, private webpage/blog/multimedia production.

Some cool projects I would like to try are:
Making a riddle book about famous americans and have the person's portrait reveal a little at a time for each clue.
Podcasting my Back To School PPT
Using Excel to create pictographs and pop-up pictures